Shakti Tantra & Meditation Retreat
with Basu 21/09 – 30/09/17
9 days of guided Tantric meditation from the Shakti tradition.
Why Tantra? It is a direct way to open your life to a deeper level without having to control and withdraw yourself from normal activities. The meditation blossom in a mystical way when the process aligns us with the most subtle energies of life. In comparison to practices like Hatha Yoga where we are opening the energies of the body, in this retreat the focus is to open the energies of the mind and thereby bringing us further. The retreat is a traditional tantric meditation retreat – Tantric Sadhana. Over 9 days we will sit 3 times a day and perform Japa Yoga around a Yantra. Some days there will also be Japa Yoga combined with Yagnas (fire ceremonies). During the retreat you can still engage in daily activities.
We will also have occasionally Bhajans (devotional singing), Arti (devotional ceremony) and Hatha Yoga.
The secret behind the practice of Tantra is the subtle connection between awareness and energy.
In the Tantric Sadhana the subtle energy Kundalini Shakti (the energy of awakening) is gradually activated and is leading to an expansion and awakening of the individual consciousness, Tantra is also to worship to the goddess who gives life to all of us. So if you are devotional it can benefit the practice.
Is one of the most widely spread forms of yoga in India and Tibet. Most traditions of India are using some forms of Japa Yoga, which consists of repeating different mantras. This induces a specific state of meditation which will lead to purification and more awareness.
- Yantra is a tantric diagram that is used to increase the effect of the meditation. The Yantra will be built on the first day of the retreat and will be erased on the last.
- Yagna For the practice to enter deep inside, in parallel with the Yantra there will also be Yagnas. This meditation will be performed with food offerings as sacrifice to the fire. It is a widespread practice in India today and done since ancient times.
- Basu has practiced Tantra Yoga since 1998. He is an experienced yoga teacher and has been giving yoga and meditation seminars in India, Thailand, Greece and Austria since 2000.
- Chandani had since a young age a natural interest in esoteric teachings, including Tantra. During her travels in India, she was participating at a full tantric traditional retreat.
Paleros, where the event will take place, is a village located at the Ionian Sea close to the island of Lefkada. It lies at the base of a spectacular mountain and is surrounded by sandy beaches.
3 times a day there will be Japa Yoga (morning, midday and evening). You can join the meditations according to your own capacity.
The meditation practice will be about 3 hours a day.
Occasionally we will perform Yagna, Bhajan and Hatha Yoga.
- Day time: Free time to enjoy the beach, boat trips and diving.
- Food: Breakfast and vegetarian dinner will be served. In the tradition of India it is part of the meditation to help with the preparation of the food.
For more information on how to get there check out Find Us page
9 days Meditation retreat with Course and Accommodation – food not included
- Single room 554.00
- Double room 434.00
- Dorm room 303.00
Rich vegetarian and vegan food from Φ | www.foodpath.gr experts
- 180 € for the 9 days.
- For more details, you can also download Foodpath flyer
Payment and Registration:
Please call or send us an email if you wish to register. 20% should be paid in advance to Antonio’s Guesthouse.
The deposit will be returned up till 30 days before the start of the course.
20% discount if both the Kriya Yoga and the Tantra course is booked!
Teacher & Practice Info:
Basu > email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration & Accomodation info:
Antonio > tel: +30 6974903305 | email: email@example.com