Yoga Teacher Training in Ashtanga Vinyasa flow (200h) and drop in Classes:
Lefkada Island, Neochori Village 10/06 – 02/07
This Summer in Lefkada foodpath.gr will be hosting and catering the ‘200hr Yoga Teachers Training Course’. It is an intensive 200 hr Yoga Instructor Training Course based on Ashtanga Vinyasa Flow organised by YogaUnion for a sixth year. Become a yoga teacher through an internationally accredited teaching yoga certification program with Yoga Alliance Professionals. Gain the knowledge, the confidence and the skills needed instilled by a highly-experienced team of specialists and see yourself turn into a yoga expert within the 23-day yoga classes.
The primary aim of this Yoga teacher certification course is to make a new generation of yoga instructors with profound knowledge of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and the yogi way of living through a deeper understanding of their own practice and their own body.
The yoga courses are based on theoretical background on anatomy, physiology, pranayama, philosophy and ethics of yoga presented in an interactive way applying the knowledge on the daily asanas practice and the peer-to-peer observation and adjustment.
- For more information and bookings for the Teachers Training please visit directly the organisers at: Your Journey of Yoga Union TTC 200hr – Begins in June 2017
- For Drop in Classes and hours pls call 6944424788 0r 6974903305
- Drop-in classes and other inquiries are welcome!
- Food and yoga for the whole month!
- Accommodation available upon request
The themed workshops will cover a wide range of asana keys like handstands, backbends, inversions and hip openers. Twice per week the trainees will meet one of these aspects through more advanced asanas and demanding postures as well as the way of working towards them.
Includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching, hearing and giving feedback. Also includes assisting students while someone else is teaching.
- You will start to teach from day one
- The building of the yoga lessons will be gradual and smooth facilitating everyone to develop their talents
- Teaching will also be progressive starting with one-to-one lessons in the beginning and moving step by step to bigger groups of students ending up in full open classes
- Regular feedbacks are given by teachers and fellow students about your teaching, so that you can improve and find your unique voice and style as a teacher
- You will learn to give hands on adjustment
- Teaching methodology and technique
- Principles of demonstration
- Observing, assisting and correcting
- Instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher
- Voice projection, floor presence
- The student’s process of learning
- Planning and structuring a class
- Alignment and hands-on-adjustment
- Dealing with injuries and safety precautions
- Business aspects of teaching yoga.
- Pranayama , mudra, bandhas and kriya
Pranayama (yogic breathing)
According to the great yogis breath equals to energy flow so through these morning classes the trainees will get hands-on experience of how the breath works. Introduction, its aspects, pranic body, different types of prana, types of breathing, anatomy of breathing, Yogic breathing.
Various breath technics will be tested such as:
- Nadi Shodhana (alternate nostril breathing)
- Sheetali (cooling breath)
- Shitkari (hissing breath)
- Bhramari (humming bee breath)
- Ujjayi (the psychic or victorious breath)
- Bhastrika (bellows breath)
- Kapalbhati (frontal brain cleansing breath)
- Suryabheda (vitality stimulating breath)
Mudra (Psychic gesture)
- Types: Hand mudras, Head mudras, Postural mudras, Lock mudras, Lock (bandha) mudras, Perinial mudras
Bandhas (energy locks)
- Inroduction, types, throat lock, root lock, abdominal lock, great lock
- Kriya Yogic cleansing techniques
- Meaning of yoga, Concepts, History
- Yoga sutras
- The 8-limb path of Yoga according to Pattanjali
- Four schools of yoga
- Nadis (energy channels), Chakras, Kundalini
- Vedas and six systems of Indian philosophy
- The aim of yoga, modification of mind, mental disposition, different levels of preparation, meaning of OM, Kriya yoga, Samyama yoga, Samadhi
- Obstacles on the path of yoga, physical and mental disturbances caused by an un-concentrated mind, means to overcome obstacles, methods to control the modifications of mind
- Life style and ethics for a yoga practitioner and teacher
- Includes both human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.). Includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc).
- Practical anatomy with a major emphasis on muscular and skeletal structures and in depth study of anatomical and skeletal differences i.e. compression, tension, and proportion and orientation theory.
- Introduction and different body systems
- Skeletal system, muscular system, connective tissue, nervous system, major joints of the body
- The foot, knee, pelvic floor, hips, spine, shoulder
- Breathing and respiratory system
Business aspect of yoga
- Career as a teacher
- Setting up your own studio, school or business
- Marketing strategy, Advertising and PR
- Ethics in yoga business building network with other yoga teachers, schools, studios and retreats